Originally from the Broadway musical Wicked, "Defying Gravity" has become a fan favorite for its message of empowerment and determination. In Glee, the song is used as an audition piece and represents Rachel's ambition to succeed and chase her dreams.
The Glee Cast version of "Defying Gravity" is featured on the show's soundtrack album, Glee: The Music, Volume 1. The album includes other iconic covers from the show's first season, including "Don't Stop Believin'" and "Somebody to Love."
If you're a fan of "Defying Gravity," here are four similar songs that you might enjoy:
1. "I Dreamed a Dream" - Les Miserables Cast
2. "Don't Rain on My Parade" - Barbra Streisand
3. "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going" - Jennifer Hudson
4. "The Winner Takes It All" - Meryl Streep (Mamma Mia! soundtrack)
You can stream or download "Glee Cast - Defying Gravity (Glee Cast - Rachel/Lea Michele solo version)" on various platforms like Spotify, Amazon Music, Apple Music, Deezer, Google Play Music, Tidal, YouTube Music, and more.
To download the song and listen to it offline, follow these simple steps:
1. Open the streaming platform of your choice.
2. Search for "Glee Cast - Defying Gravity (Glee Cast - Rachel/Lea Michele solo version)."
3. Click on the download icon (usually an arrow pointing downwards).
4. The song will now be saved onto your device and can be listened to offline.
In my opinion, "Defying Gravity" is one of the strongest performances from the Glee Cast. Lea Michele's vocals are simply stunning and the song's message is both powerful and uplifting. Compared to other songs from the artist, "Defying Gravity" stands out as a true highlight. Anyone who appreciates the power of a good vocal performance will undoubtedly appreciate this unforgettable rendition.